Uninsured And Under-Insured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured Vehicle Insurance | Under-insured Collision Insurance | Understand Uninsured & Under-insured Insurance

Uninsured And Under-Insured Motorist Coverage

Stressed Driver Sitting At Roadside After Traffic Accident

Commercial auto Insurance quotes Under-insured and uninsured motorist coverage are types of liability insurance. Essentially these two commercial auto insurance options exist to make the road safer for everybody. In states where under-insured motorist liability and uninsured motorist liability coverage are required, everybody receives them as part of their basic commercial liability insurance policy. You may refuse these coverage options in writing when you purchase your policy but it is not a wise idea. If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist and you are determined to be at fault the resulting damage, cost, and/ or lawsuit could be detrimental to the continued operation of your business.

These coverage options protect law-abiding citizens from paying for damages they shouldn’t be responsible for, as well as saving each city thousands in public funds which would’ve been paid to hear civil court cases resulting from accidents involving uninsured motorists. You may alternatively call SkyBlue Insurance office at 1-800-771-7758 for immediate assistance including free quotes on commercial auto insurance options including uninsured and underinsured motorist liability.

This type of insurance can be used to pay for either property damage, bodily injuries, or both. Essentially this type of policy exists to protect you from the jerks out there. This insurance is often called no-fault coverage because it can be collected to pay damages regardless of who was found at fault.

Ideally, everyone that owns a vehicle would purchase their fair share of liability auto insurance, so that no matter who causes an accident, everyone involved would be covered. We do not, however, live in an ideal world, and there are thousands of hit-and-run accidents every year. So who pays for them? The people that are victimized. On top of hit-and-runs, there are all of the people who either purchase sub-par auto insurance, or intentionally commit insurance fraud because they can’t afford the premium, and stick you with the bill after an accident.

Uninsured and Underinsured motorists coverage protects you from all of these situations. Insurance steps in during all of those types of situations and pay medical bills and property damage costs caused by another driver who didn’t have coverage. This is if you’ve opted for the $3,500 in UM/UIM property damage coverage. More and more states are starting to require this type of coverage in order to combat consumer absorption of costs due to hit-and-run accidents and other similar events.

Several rules apply to this type of coverage because when it first went on the market it was exploited by consumers looking to force insurance companies to pay for property damage caused by their own negligence.

First of all, you cannot have more UM/UIM or no-fault insurance coverage than you have liability protection, and the limits must be the same on all vehicles on your policy. You can only get this type of coverage on a power-driven vehicle for which you have not also purchased collision coverage. You may reject only the property damage portion of this coverage if you do so in writing.

Available No-Fault (UM/UIM) Coverage Limits

These insurance benefit limits are described in the same fashion as those on the liability coverage page.
All of the values below are for personal injury benefit limits. Property Damage coverage is available in the amount of $3,500. If you would like more property damage coverage, call an agent during regular business hours to discuss options. Property damage coverage may be selected by signing the appropriate box on the application.

Bodily Injury Limits: